Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rosemary Butter Rolls ~ by Sarah

Let's just get it over with.  Yes, this is another Pioneer Woman recipe.  Yes, I'm obsessed.

I've made these rolls a couple of times.  The first time my dough was expired.  (I didn't realize it until after they never rose properly.  I cooked them anyway and they were delicious.)  I made them again tonight with dough that actually had live yeast.  Let's just say I could make myself sick eating them.

Ingredients:
a cast-iron skillet (not an ingredient, but necessary to make them look cool!)
frozen yeast rolls (I buy the Rhodes brand)
melted butter
fresh, chopped rosemary
coarse sea salt (but I used fine sea salt because that's what I had)

Directions:
Spray cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.  Place rolls an inch or so apart around skillet.  Spray saran wrap with cooking spray and cover the skillet tightly.  Place skillet in a non-drafty area in your house until they are at least doubled in size, light, and fluffy.  (I put them by my wood stove that was just warm, not hot, and it took about 3 1/2 hours for them to rise.)

Brush each roll very lightly with melted butter (they're delicate, so be careful!).  Sprinkle chopped rosemary on top.  Brush with a little more melted butter.  Sprinkle sea salt on each roll.
 

Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until they're nice and golden on top.  Um, yum.  I ate four.  And I would have eaten five, but my guilt started to get to me.  And now, three hours later, I'm dying of thirst from all the salt.  Seriously, these are good.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment