Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Lit'l Smokies ~ by Jessie

Ok, so this is a recipe in which not a single ingredient can be classified as 'healthy' (my favorite kind of recipe). It's basically pork wrapped pork (or pork & turkey or beef, depending on your preference) with sugar sprinkled on top. I, like most people I know, think almost anything can be improved by wrapping it in bacon, and that's exactly how these little smokies (or lil or lit'l or however it's spelled) are prepared.

At this point I have no pictures, but next time I make them I will take some, as they deserve to be documented on all their porky, sugary glory. Enjoy and keep an aspirin nearby in case of a heart attack.

1 pkg lit'l smokies
1 pkg bacon (NOT thick sliced, it will be soggy and unappetizing)
brown sugar

Cut the bacon into thirds (lengthwise obviously), wrap each lit'l smokie with a piece, and secure bacon with a toothpick. Place bundle of goodness on rimmed baking sheet. Continue until you run out of smokies or bacon, which ever comes first. Sprinkle each bundle with a healthy amount (about 1tsp) of brown sugar, leaving sort of a pile on top. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until bacon is fully cooked.

They're a delicious little appetizer and my favorites are the ones that have a big mound of crusty sugar on top.

1 comment:

  1. Remember how I said I would take a picture of the ones you left here? Josh got up the next morning and ate them all before I could take a picture. They are delicious.

    ReplyDelete