Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Scottish Scones ~ by Kelsey

Jessie is Scottish.  I am not.  But I can still make scones.  I got this from my Pillsbury cookbook.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Lightly grease cookie sheet.  Mix together the four, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.  Mix well.  With a pastry blender or fork, cut in the butter until crumbly.  Add milk all at once and stir just until moistened.  Gently knead dough (I do it in the bowl) 5-6 times.  Place on cookie sheet and press into a round about 1- inch thick.  Brush the top with 1 tablespoon melted butter.  Sprinkle the top with a little cinnamon and sugar.  Cut into 8 wedges.  Cook for 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment