Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bricks ~ by Sarah

Don't let the name fool you, these babies are delish!  (I think the name stems from the fact that it takes a sharp, sturdy knife to get them out of the pan.)  A teacher at my school always brings these to potlucks and I always eat more than my fair share.  (Sorry, fellow TDMS teachers.)

Ingredients:
1 c. white Karo syrup
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
6 c. Special K cereal
1 1/2 bags chocolate chips
1 bag butterscotch chips*

Directions:
Bring Karo syrup and sugar just to a boil and then remove from heat immediately.  Add peanut butter.  Mix well.  Add cereal and mix well.  Press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch, buttered pan.

Melt chips over boiling water.
Pour evenly over cereal mix.  Refrigerate at least an hour to solidify the chocolate layer.

These are VERY rich, so a little piece will go a long way!  

*My partner teacher's mom makes these, also, but she uses peanut butter chips instead of butterscotch chips, so you might give that a try.  I really love butterscotch, so that's what I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment