Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Monkey Bread (aka Sticky Buns) ~ by Sarah

Angela knows these as "monkey bread". I know them as "sticky buns" (Wes's mom made me a fan years ago and now they're our Christmas morning tradition). We both know them as absolutely delicious!

Ingredients:
24 frozen Rhodes Rolls
1/4 c. sugar (Part of Angela's recipe, but not mine, so I've never done it.  Guess I'm getting fewer calories!)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1 3oz. box cook and serve vanilla pudding
1/2 c. butter melted (or sliced thinly)

Directions:
Layer rolls in bundt or angel food pan. Mix sugars and cinnamon together and pour over rolls. Sprinkle with pudding. Pour melted butter over top (or place butter slices on top).
Cover and let rise overnight.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and turn over on a cookie sheet.
 Note:  Whenever I make these, they tend to overflow the bundt pan while in the oven.  This makes a big, stinky mess when all the goo burns, so I always set the pan on a cookie sheet when I put it in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment