MacDuff's Peanut Butter Holiday Puppy Treat Shortbread
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
2. In a small bowel, whisk peanut butter and milk until smooth. (Using creamy peanut butter works much better than chunky.)
3. Make a well in the flour mixture and gradually stir in peanut butter mixture until well blended.
4. Use hands to work dough into 2 pliable balls. The warmth from your hands will help make the dough more workable.
5. Knead each dough ball on a floured surface for 2 minutes.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll dough between 1/4" to 1/2" thickness.
7. Cut cookies and place on a baking sheet, lined with foil.
8. Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
9. Cool on a rack and store in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator.
Spot's Golden Cheese Dreams
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp of garlic powder
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of shredded cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1. In a large bowl, combine flour and garlic powder.
2. Make a well in the flour mixture and gradually stir in vegetable oil, cheese, beaten egg, and milk until well blended.
3. Knead dough on a floured surface, 3-4 minutes.
4. With a rolling pin, roll dough to 1/2" thickness.
5. Cut the cookies and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Bake at 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
7. Cool on a rack and store, at room temperature, in a container with a loose-fitting lid.