Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cowboy Macaroni ~ by Sarah

My cousin's wife made this the other day and it was delicious! Audrey asked for seconds and later told me it was "an amazing dinner".  I made it tonight and the whole family loved it.  And it's so easy!

Here's what you need:

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can creamed corn, undrained
1 can corn, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained (NOTE: The Fred Meyer brand were gross.  Don't go generic here.)
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 bag large elbow macaroni
shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Brown ground beef with onion.  Season to taste.  Add corns, beans, tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce.

Bring to boil and simmer to allow flavors to blend.

Meanwhile, boil macaroni according to package directions.  Drain and add to sauce mixture.  Mix well and pour into a large baking dish.  (My 13x9-inch pan was too small, so I was able to also fill an 8x8 dish to freeze.)  Cover with desired amount of shredded cheese.  Bake at 350 until bubbly.  I then turned the broiler on for a few minutes to brown the cheese a little.

That's it!  Enjoy!

Delicious--and it doesn't really need a side dish!

2 comments:

  1. I found that if I lined my 10" X 18 " casserole dish with buttered Aluminum foil and made a layer of tater tots, then my ingrediants mixture and another layer of Tater Tots, and shredded cheddar on top, it made a crispy bottom and I didn't worry about spillover plus it was great for a take-along to get-together's and I would sprinkle it with chives for a little flavor and an attractive appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. appearance is 50 percent of your dish.

    ReplyDelete