Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Roasted Brussels Sprouts ~ by Sarah

I don't love Brussels sprouts. I can take them or leave them.  But Audrey has been begging to buy them whenever we go to the grocery store (I think she thinks they look like cute little lettuces), so I finally gave in and we bought a bag.  Sometimes steaming them makes them bitter, so I searched for a recipe and found one to try.  I got this from foodnetwork.com.  It appealed to be because I love roasting my asparagus and this looked a lot like it.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons good olive oil
kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degreees.

Rinse Brussels sprouts well.

Cut ends off each sprout and peel off any yellow or loose leaves.

Toss oil and sprouts in bowl until well coated.

Add kosher salt to taste.  Sprinkle black pepper and mix well.

Pour on to shallow baking sheet and roast for about 30-40 minutes.  Shake the pan occasionally to brown the sprouts evenly.

I definitely liked these better than steamed Brussels sprouts.  I really liked the outer coating, so next time I do this I think I will cut each sprout in half so more of it is seasoned and crispy.

Oh, and Audrey ate one bite and didn't touch the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment