Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wendy's Chili ~ by Aunt D

Have you ever eaten Wendy's Chili? From the Wendy's fast food? It is my ABSOLUTE favorite. Corny maybe, but cheap and easy I am. When my friend Megan G. at work posted on her FB that she had the recipe I was salivating! And to make it even better it was 21 degrees out and clear today in beautiful Maple Valley. So off to the market I went in search of the basics I was missing. Side note: I also made a pan of Marie Callendar's Southwest Corn Bread, the variation that adds a can of corn to it. GREAT side dish for this.

*2 lbs of ground beef, browned
*one 29oz can Tomato sauce
*one 29oz can of Kidney beans (drain liquid)
*one 29oz can of Pinto beans (drain liquid)
*one 29oz can of diced tomatoes
*1 cup diced onion
*1/2 cup diced canned green chilies
*1 cup of diced celery
*2 tsps cumin powder
*3 TBSP of chili powder
*1 - 1/2 tsp black pepper
*2 tsps salt

Brown meat and drain off fat. In a large kettle combine beef, celery, onion, and green chilies.  Sweat them for 5-10 min.  Add all other ingredients and simmer over low heat, stirring every 15-20 min for 2-3 hours.
Mouthwatering!

No comments:

Post a Comment