Sunday, November 7, 2010

Salmon Florentine ~Molly

I found THE BEST salmon recipe the other day on Self.com. I've made it twice now, and I'll probably be making it again very, very soon. It's healthy (hence the reason it was on a health magazine's website), quick, and soooooo delicious.
Since I'm alone in my wolfpack, I cut the recipe in half and had plenty for my dinner and leftovers the next day. Oh, and I wilted about 2 cups of fresh spinach instead of using frozen because frozen is gross.


Serves 4

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 packages (10 oz each) frozen spinach, thawed
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 cup minced shallots*
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
  • 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
  • 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 oz each), rinsed and patted dry


PREPARATION

  1. Heat oven to 350°. Squeeze spinach of all excess liquid. Set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more. Add spinach, tomatoes, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; cook, stirring, 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; let cool about 15 minutes**. Add ricotta; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pack about 1/2 cup spinach mixture on top of each fillet, matching the shape of the fillet. Place fillets on a rimmed baking sheet or in a glass baking dish; bake until cooked through, 15 minutes. 

    *I used onions because I don't have shallots just hanging out on my counter.
    **I'm not patient enough to wait that long, so I cooled mine for about 5 minutes, and it was just fine.

    No, I didn't take this picture. Oh, and I left out the part of the recipe that tells you to serve it over quinoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment