Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pizza Dough~by Kelsey

I found this recipe in my recipe box.  It's written in Grandma Jessie's handwriting, but I don't know why, since I don't remember her ever making home made pizza.  I know it has been in there at least, like, 12 years, and I have never tried it, so I gave it a shot.  It was really good!  The kids had fun putting the toppings on.

Ingredients:
1 cup warm water
1 package yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
3 cups flour

Mix together the water, yeast, sugar, and salt.  Add the oil and 1 1/2 cups of flour and beat with a mixer.  Add another 1 1/2 cups of flour and knead.  Let it rise 1 hour.  Punch it down, roll it out, and top as you please.  Cook it at 375 degrees.  I think I checked on it after 10 minutes and had to let it go another 10 minutes after that, but I am not sure, so keep an eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment