Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fish Sticks~by Kelsey

This recipe came from my Taste of Home magazine.  I was pleasantly surprised at how easy they were, and they were very good!  Unfortunately I only had about a pound of cod, and I could have used way more.  The original recipe calls for walleye, but it says you can use your favorite fish.  I happened to have cod, and it was yummy.

Ingredients:
1 cup biscuit/baking mix
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp Cajun season (I didn't have this, I used some chili powder instead)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup 2% milk
oil for frying
1 lb walleye fillets, skin removed
lemon wedges (I didn't have lemon, but I mixed ketchup and mayo for a yummy dip.)

In a shallow bowl, mix the first six ingredients.  Place milk in a separate shallow bowl.  In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 inch oil to 375 degrees.  In batches, dip fish in milk, then coat with the baking mix mixture.  Fry for five minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork.  Serve immediately with lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment